8-Day Peru Savvy Explorer – From $1,337 Adults / $653 Kids
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
The Peru Savvy Explorer allows you to enjoy the best of Peru in one week! We will show you the Spanish Colonial area of central Lima while admiring wonderful views of the Pacific in Miraflores. We will explore the city of Cusco and d RUver the Ty of Lima and the f Peru.csayhuamanmarkets for authentic contact with locals. ical Park, Machu Picchuiscover the secrets of the sacred ancient ruins of Sacsayhuaman. We will enjoy panoramic views of the Sacred Valley and the Urubamba River on board the train to Machu Picchu. We will experience the serene beauty of the Andes as you are escorted to Lake Titicaca for a cruise to the floating islands of the friendly Uros. Enjoy all of this and more in a fun-filled, affordable week long vacation!
- 7 nights hotel accommodations
- 9 Meals (7 breakfasts, 2 lunches)
- Guided visit of Sacsayhuaman and Cusco
- Round-trip train tickets to Machu Picchu and guided visit of the citadel
- Andean Explorer Bus from Cusco to Puno with visits to Andahuaylillas Chapel, Racchi and the Pucara Museum
- Guided boat excursion in Lake Titicaca to visit the Uros’ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to Sillustani, a pre-Inca cemetery
- Guided visit of Lima
- Entrance Fees as per itinerary
- All transfers, sightseeing and attractions in modern A/C vehicles
- English-speaking local guides
- Personalized service of our Peru-based operational office
Day 1 | Welcome to Lima!
Upon arrival in Lima, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the Allpa hotel (or best available) for a two-night stay with breakfast included.
Day 2 | A Guided visit to Modern and Colonial Lima | B.
Your Peru Savvy Explorer adventure will continue after breakfast at the hotel, when you will enjoy a fantastic tour through Lima’s streets and plazas, starting at the Love Park in Miraflores, where you can admire mosaics and sculptures inspired by Gaudi’s Park Guell in Barcelona as well as sweeping views out over the Pacific coastline, and then heading to the Huaca Pucllana, the ancient ruins of a ceremonial center of the pre-Inca Lima culture. Then, continue exploring San Isidro, the financial center of the city where you will travel back through the centuries to the pre-Incan, pyramid-shaped shrine of Huaca Huallamarca.
Your Lima City Tour will continue on the Historic Center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site marked by its colonial architecture, all centered on the sprawling and elegant Plaza Mayor. Visit the cathedral, which houses the tomb of Spanish Conqueror Fransisco Pizarro. Cross the plaza to marvel at the incredibly ornate facade of the Archbishop’s Palace, and stand on the neoclassical steps of the Palace of Justice. As you move on, admire the wooden balconies of the Baroque Torre Tagle Palace.
Important Note: The Cathedral of Lima is not open to tourists on Saturday afternoons and Sunday morning.
Day 3 | Lima / Cusco / Afternoon Sightseeing Excursion of Cusco | B.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your local flight to Cusco (airfare is not included; we recommend arriving on or before 11:00 AM). Upon arrival in Cusco, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the San Agustin Internacional Hotel (or best available) for a two night stay with breakfast included. Enjoy the rest of the morning at leisure to get adjusted to the altitude.
In the afternoon, we will enjoy a half-day tour combining Sacsayhuaman and Cusco Historic Center and it will start visiting the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman. The first stop will be at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet, where we will be able to admire the huge rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. We will then head for Q’enqo, the ancient temple of the Puma, where we will be able to appreciate an altar for sacrifices, and then will continue on to Tambomachay, the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watchtower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that we will visit the Temple of the Sun, known as Korikancha, on top of which the Saint Dominique Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will go to the Main Square and will visit the Cathedral that reassures invaluable colonial paintings and other works of art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquistadors.
Important Note: People are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts. Taking photos is not allowed inside the Cathedral.
Day 4 | Cusco / Day Trip to Machu Picchu / Cusco | B.L.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to the train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes. During the journey, we will appreciate several landmarks in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including the hanging bridge that signals the start of the Inca Trail. The railway follows the course of the Urubamba River, also known as Vilcanota River, climbing down and entering a canyon until we reach Aguas Calientes; the town that is located at the foot of the Machu Picchu Mountain.
After getting off the train, we will board the mini-bus that will take us up the winding road to Machu Picchu; the Sacred Citadel of the Incas that is considered one of the New Wonders of the World. The Lost City of the Incas will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy will be all around us. After a well-paced guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area and then will be ready to return to Cusco by train. Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 5 | Andean Explorer Bus from Cusco to Puno / Welcome to Lake Titicaca | B.L.
Depart on the Andean Explorer Bus to Puno. On the way we’ll stop to visit the attractions this beautiful and off-the-beaten-path route has to offer:
Andahuaylillas Chapel: Referred to as the Andean Sistine Chapel because of its magnificent frescoes, the church is but one example of the mestizo baroque architecture typical of the Cusco School which was prominent in the 17th century. You will marvel at the ceiling of carved panels covered with gold leaf.
Raqchi (God Wiracocha Temple): Located 121 kilometers from Cusco, this Inca temple is monumental: 100 meters in length, 26 meters in width and 14 meters in height. Divided in two naves, each of these still retain the base of eleven giant columns. The base of the walls consists of Imperial Inca stonework with a top section of adobe. Adjacent to the temple, we can see many storehouses, used for various purposes: military and religious.
La Raya: The highest pass on the route between Cusco and Puno, La Raya is 4,335 meters above sea level. Beautiful landscapes await you, as well as the animals that are symbolic of the Andes: llamas, alpacas and vicunas. This is a region situated between two cultures, Quechua and Aymara, as well as a composite of two terrains: the dry and arid highlands and the more verdant Quechua valleys and rivers.
Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial site this side of Tiahuanaco. Characterized by a series of platforms, the ruins also reveal some lito-sculptures and tombstones, all witnesses of a pre-Inca civilization, possibly one at the origin of the Andean culture of the Altiplano.
We will arrive in Puno at the end of the afternoon for a transfer to the La Hacienda Hotel (or best available Tourist Class hotel) for a two night stay with breakfast included.
Day 6 | A Discovery of Lake Titicaca | B.
This morning you will experience first-hand one of the most traditional ways of life and culture in Peru when visiting the Uros on their floating islands. Although the Uros Indians of the floating islands have intermarried with Aymara Indians and no pure-blooded Uros exist, many of the inhabitants of the islands still practice the old traditions of fishing, trapping birds and living on the lake plants. The totora reeds, which grow abundantly in the shallows of Lake Titicaca are used for their boats, houses and to build the very islands on which they live. This peculiar way of life began over 500 years ago when the Uros built the islands in an effort to isolate themselves from the Collas and the Incas.
Day 7 | Puno / Sillustani / Juliaca / Lima | B.
At the appropriate time you will be transferred to the Juliaca airport to board the departing flight to Lima (airfare is not included). On the way to Juliaca, you will visit the pre-Inca cemetery of the Hatun Colla chiefs in Sillustani, on the shores of Lake Umayo. At the archaeological site of Sillustani, your local guide will show you the most important sectors of the burial site and will give you a good insight into the Andean culture. Your visit in Sillustani ends up with wonderful panoramic views of the Lake Umayo.
Upon arrival in Lima, meet and greet service at the airport and transfer to the Allpa Hotel (or best available) for an overnight stay with breakfast included.
Day 8 | Lima / Home | B.
At the appropriate time, departure transfer to the Lima airport to check in for your onward flight. Adios Amigos y Buen Viaje!
PERU SAVVY EXPLORER
PRICES PER PERSON IN US$ – NO MINIMUM GUESTS REQUIRED
AVAILABLE FOR DAILY ARRIVALS IN LIMA UNTIL DEC 15, 2017
|CATEGORY||DOUBLE||TRIPLE1||QUAD (2 BDR)||CHILD||SINGLE (SUPPLEMENT)||TRAIN CLASS|
¹ Triple Occupancy share existing beds.
PERU SAVVY EXPLORER LODGING
STANDARD CLASS HOTELS
In Lima: Allpa Hotel & Suites: The Allpa Hotel & Suites provides spacious and modern rooms with the latest technology and comfort for today’s guest demand, integrating a magnificent environment of trends, decoration and art. Conveniently located in Lima, the Allpa Hotel & Suites is a great base from which to explore this vibrant city. All the rooms have been carefully appointed to the highest degree of comfort and convenience, with in room safe, shower, satellite/cable TV, desk, hair dryer in each room. Besides, the hotel’s host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Allpa Hotel & Suites.
In Cusco: San Agustin Internacional Hotel: This unique 3-star Gaudian style hotel provides an exclusive blend of both mysticism and sophistication. Its location provides a magnificent view of the perfect Inca stone carving, while allowing you to enjoy the gentle breeze and essence of this Imperial City. You will be provided with a clean, cozy, comfortable room that will provide much anticipated relaxation while being tended to by the passionately friendly hotel staff.
Being built up on the antique Cusco`s Theological Seminary the last century, you will have easy access to the Main Square through Cusco traditional streets. Enjoy being pampered with comfortable Standard and Suite Rooms with cable TV., wireless Internet (Wi-Fi), restaurant and bar service 24 hours, laundry service, national and international calls, hair dryer, heating, 24 hour room service, and event salons.
In Puno: La Hacienda Puno Hotel: Known as “The Folkloric Capital of Peru”, Puno has a wonderful blend of ancient culture and elegant people all surrounded and protected by gods who take the form of mountains. Embedded in the historical district, this hotel will provide a comfortable refuge of unmatched standards and service. La Hacienda Puno meets all the most technological requirements of today’s traveler while maintaining an elegant traditional atmosphere. With highly trained hotel personnel the hotel is designed to go above and beyond the comfort you would feel at home. Allow anxieties to dissipate knowing all the attention and service you need shall be of the utmost quality.
- Prices are subject to change and can only be guaranteed after booking confirmation.
- Please refer to the attached terms and conditions as presented in the credit card authorization form and in our website: www.ecoamericatours.com/terms. These terms apply in full to this travel program.
- Reservation: A $300.00 deposit per person is required to activate and process your reservation.
- Final Payment: The balance is due 65 days prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, EcoAmerica Tours reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
- Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards and checks.
- The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, bell and wait staff, and any other service not listed.
- Airfares, if any, booked through EcoAmerica Tours may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
- None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast. L = Lunch. D = Dinner.
- All tour services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
- Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you to purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: Allianz Global Assistance or contact us for a personalized quote.
TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR FULL SERVICE PLATFORM:
One of the main advantages of booking your trip through your Travel Consultant and the destination specialists at EcoAmerica Tours is that you do not have to spend countless frustrating hours looking on-line for hotels, point-to-point transportation, attractions, entrance fees, excursions, and much more. The second is that when traveling with us, you can be certain that we will be with you throughout your trip to continue assisting you and making sure that each one of the services included in your reservation are flawlessly delivered. When traveling with us, you will be talking to a real person who will demystify the travel components and will provide you with information that makes you knowledgeable and informed. When traveling with us you will get real value, just like countless travelers before you (we encourage you to visit the testimonials section in our website: www.ecoamericatours.com/testimonials)
Working with your Travel Consultant and EcoAmerica Tours means being involved in a different way of doing tourism and comes with the following benefits:
- Almost three decades leading the tourism industry in Latin America.
- Regional coverage and exclusive tailor-made programs.
- Fast, friendly and efficient response to your requirements.
- Always available: emergency line and operational offices 24H/7D.
- We care about our guests: EcoAmerica Assistance Network.
- Top guides and the best transportation quality.
- Quality Control Department: care to passengers’ voice.
- Top Producer and great relationship with key suppliers.
- Positive impact of our operations at all levels.
EcoAmerica Tours, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. EcoAmerica Tours, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary in order to render better service to its clients.
|BOOK IT NOW||-OR-||REQUEST A FREE QUOTE|
OR CALL TOLL-FREE: (888) 601-8411
OR HAVE YOUR TRAVEL AGENT CALL US